CADEditorX 15 released
Meet CADEditorX 15, a new version of our ActiveX component to work with CAD
files. Our team made some important changes to make it better, faster, and more reliable. We also added new features
and improved the existing ones. Take a look at what’s new below.
CADEditorX 15 brings performance improvements that you will definitely notice:
- improved work with large files;
- speeded up navigation;
- speeded up opening of 3D files and interaction with their structure.
New 3D Kernel
We completely revamped 3D functionality in CADEditorX and decided to replace Open Cascade Technology with our own 3D
kernel. This makes us independent of any third-party and allows to respond swiftly to your requests. In this new
version, we have already:
- speeded up opening of 3D files;
- improved reading of SAT, SLDPRT, X_T, X_B, OBJ formats;
- added support for FSAT, SAB, SMT, IPT, IFC formats;
- added export to SAT and SAB formats;
- improved export of STEP, OBJ, DWG, DXF formats.
Improved G-code Generation from DWG/DXF Files
We continue to expand G-code generation capabilities and now it is possible to:
- convert entities only from visible layers;
- convert points;
- set absolute coordinates for I and J;
- generate a G-code compatible with the dispensing CNC machine (Skyglass);
- generate a G-code compatible with the Grbl controller.
Sometimes our customers get files with several drawing sheets in the model space. Such files can cause
difficulties, for example, when it is needed to print the sheets separately. That is why we decided to add
the Layout Detector feature. Its button can be found on the Advanced tab.
This feature defines automatically the sheets drawn in the model space and allocates them to layouts.
New Editing Tools and Features
With the aim to improve your editing experience, we added new tools and features to CADEditorX 15:
- 3D Point measuring tool;
- Auto Dimension tool;
- Cloud tool;
- capability to remove clipping in raster images and inserts;
- setting enabling to configure the default operator in Quick Select;
- setting enabling to select OLE objects and images by their contour;
- setting enabling to select entities on locked layers.
- Improved import of DWG and DXF formats:
- improved support for МTexts and Texts;
- improved support for Hatches;
- improved display of SHX fonts;
- improved support for ACIS objects;
- improved support for Dimensions and Multileaders;
- improved reading of VPort and drawing extents.
- Improved export of DWG and DXF formats:
- added saving of ACIS objects;
- improved saving of VPort.
- Improved display of vector formats (DWF, HPGL, CGM, SVG).
- Improved interaction with the 3D model structure:
- speeded up interaction with the structure;
- added the Extended structure setting;
- added modes for selection of 3D model elements.
- Improved navigation in the 3D Viewer mode:
- object selection in accordance with the transparency;
- rotation around the center of the selected object;
- fitting to the viewing area in accordance with the 3D model elements visibility.
- Improved export and printing of PDF format:
- added print styles for setting lineweight and color by color.
- Improved export of SVG format:
- improved export of texts and hatches.
- Bug fixes.
Want to evaluate CADEditorX 15? Download its free 45-day trial version:
START MY FREE
We will be glad to answer all your questions and help with the upgrade from older versions of CADEditorX,
just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org